The Computer Labs maintain the same hours as the Library. The Robbins Collection maintains different hours from the Library.
Access Restrictions for Undergraduates: The Law Library is closed to undergraduates on weekends, holidays and throughout the law school finals period. During other times undergraduates have use of the collection and the assistance of Berkeley Law's reference librarians from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. more...
Fall Semester (August 25-November 25)
|Mon-Thu||8:00am - midnight||9:00am - 9:00pm|
|Fri||8:00am - 10:00pm||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Sat||10:00am - 6:00pm||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Sun||10:00am - midnight||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
Labor Day (September 1)
|Mon (9/1)||1:00pm - 10:00pm||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
Veteran's Day (November 11)
|Tue (11/11)||10:00am - midnight||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
Thanksgiving Holiday (November 26-November 30)
|Wed (11/26)||8:00am - 6:00pm||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Thu (11/27) - Fri (11/28)||closed||closed|
|Sat (11/29)||10:00am - 6:00pm||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Sun (11/30)||10:00am - midnight||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
Fall Finals Schedule (December 1-December 17)
|Mon (12/1) - Thu (12/4)||8:00am - midnight||9:00am - 9:00pm|
|Fri (12/5)||8:00am - midnight||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Sat (12/6)||10:00am - 10:00pm||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Sun (12/7)||10:00am - midnight||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Mon (12/8) - Thu (12/11)||8:00am - midnight||9:00am - 9:00pm|
|Fri (12/12)||8:00am - midnight||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Sat (12/13)||10:00am - 10:00pm||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Sun (12/14)||10:00am - midnight||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Mon (12/15) - Wed (12/17)||8:00am - midnight||9:00am - 9:00pm|
Winter Break Schedule (December 14-January 1)
|Thu (12/18) - Fri (12/19)||8:00am - 5:00pm||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Sat (12/20) - Sun (12/21)||closed||closed|
|Mon (12/22) - Tue (12/23)||8:00am - 5:00pm||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wed (12/24) - Thu (1/1)||closed||closed|
Winter Intersession Schedule (January 2-January 11)
|Thu (1/2)||8:00am - 5:00pm||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Fri (1/3) - Sat (1/4)||closed||closed|
|Sun (1/5) - Thu (1/9)||8:00am - 5:00pm||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Fri (1/10) - Sat (1/11)||closed||closed|
School of Law Library (Boalt Hall)
Berkeley, CA 94720-7210
Driving directions and maps.
Library Moves and Changes
The Law Library has moved to its new location on the Lower Levels of the South Addition. The entrance to the Law Library and the primary entrance to the Main Reading Room (MRR) is no longer on the North side of the building. The primary evening entrance to the Law Library and Main Reading Room, will be through the East Courtyard.
How to get to the Roof Garden or to the Main Reading Room
- take the elevator from L1 (cafe level) to L2. Go South to the Roof Garden or North to the Main Reading Room.
- from 7:30 AM to 8:00 PM weekdays take the curved staircase or elevator near Booth up to the 2nd floor and go onto Steinhart and across to the Roof Garden and to the doors to the Main Reading Room.
- Soon law students, faculty and staff will have card key access in the Main Reading Room and out onto the Roof Garden through the Northwest door (nearest the dean's office) whenever the law library is open. When using this path remember that the MRR is a quiet study area.
What building doors are open on evenings and weekend?
- For law students, faculty and staff the main entrances to the Law Library after 6:00 pm and on weekends are now the northeast and northwest doors to the South Addition. This are the doosr into Zeb from the East and West Courtyards. This door will be accessible using your cal ID.
- For non-berkeley law affiliates the entrance to the library is from the East Courtyard. Go across the courtyard and enter the building through the door on the north side. Turn left and follow the corridor to the sign pointing towards the library. Cross into the South Addition and take the stairs or elevator to LL1.
- Law students also have card key access to the Northwest door to the South Addition during the library's operating hours.
- The Roof Garden and Steinhart close at 8:00 PM weekdays. Weekend Steinhart and the Roof Garden hours are:
Saturday--10:00 AM -5:45 PM and Sunday--10:00 AM - 8:00 PM. You'll need your card key to enter these spaces on weekends.
How to get to the East Courtyard Entrance after 6:00pm
From the "Old" Library Lobby
- exit through the East door.
- take the curved staircase or the elevator across from the Registrar's Office down one floor to Level 1.
- Go out the door in the Laub Lobby onto the new East Courtyard.
- Enter the South Addition through the first door on your right.
From Bancroft Way:
- Take the steps at the Berkeley Law signt, or the wheelchair ramp, (west of the staircase) onto the East Courtyard.
- Enter the South Addition through the second door to the left.
From the Student Center:
- Walk up the South Staircase to the West Courtyard.
- Enter the West Courtyard and take the second door.
- Law students in wheelchairs coming from Student Center will need to go up to the ramp and enter through the East Courtyard door.