Zotero and RefWorks
Citation management software records bibliographic citations for future use in generating bibliographies and footnotes in scholarly works.
A number of citation management tools are available. A relatively comprehensive list and comparison of features may be found here.
A comparison of the quality of the Bluebook style output may be found here.
Guides to two of the most popular tools are linked below:
Visit http://www.zotero.org/ to download Zotero.
Visit http://www.zotero.org/styles to download BB style guide (note, the 19th edition style guide is currently incomplete).
Click on Zotero icon in status bar. click on “gear” actions and select “preferences”
- Under ‘General’ tab --Add check next to “automatically attach associated PDFs and other files when saving items.
- Under ‘Export’ tab – change your default output format to “Bluebook law Review”
Boston University School of Law - Tools for Making Bluebook CItations and Keeping Track of Research
- Explains Lexis and Westlaw interoperability
Visit https://www.refworks.com/Refworks/newuser.asp to set up a new user account.
- Important Notice to Off Campus Users: All users from off-campus who are not using our Proxy Server or VPN need to log-in to RefWorks with a UC Berkeley Group Code (Requires CalNet ID authentication).
Adding the BB style (no edition info provided)
- Click on the Bibliography button
- Access the Output Style Manager
- Select the Bluebook Style and Add it to your favorites
- Go back to the Bibliography screen and select the Bluebook Output Style
UC Berkeley Biosciences Library RefWorks Tutorials