AROUND THE CENTER
New BELS Fellows for 2013-14 are announced.
CSLS Exec. Director Rosann Greenspan to receive the Western Soc. of Criminology's 2014 Fellows Award.
Director Calvin Morrill co-authors NSF report (2013) on youth violence.
CSLS Affiliate Rachel Stern's new book Environmental Litigation in China out at Cambridge U. Press.
NYTimes op-ed "The Search Engine for Better or for Worse" by James Rule, CSLS Disting. Affiliated Scholar.
CSLS Affil. KT Albiston's op-ed (w/Shelley Correll): Yahoo new policy on working at home.
Charter BELS Fellow Alexa Koenig appointed Exec. Dir., Human Rights Center, UCB.
Current BELS Fellow Jennifer Carlson--new Asst. Prof of Sociology at U. Toronto.
We invite you to visit the Philip Selznick Memorial Page with tributes, interviews and videos.
Robert Kagan, Former CSLS Director, wins 2012 Lifetime Achievement Award from Law & Courts Section, American Political Science Assn.
Video Series Conversations in Law and Society available here.
The CSLS 50th Anniversary Conference was a great success. Enjoy the photo slideshow from the event, above, or visit the conference web page here.
including Speaker Series Calendar
- Jun 20 - CSLS Visiting Scholar Summer Speaker Series, Ana Carolina da Matta Chasin, U. of Sao Paulo. "Struggle Over Legitimacy within the Arbitration Field in Brazil"
- Jun 27 - CSLS Visiting Scholar Summer Speaker Series, Mari Hirayama, Hakuoh University (Japan). "Lay Judge Trials in Sex Crime Cases in Japan: The Most Controversial Area of the Lay Judge System"
- Jul 3 - CSLS Visiting Scholar Summer Speaker Series, Clare Chambers, Cambridge U. ."The Limitations of Contract: Regulating Personal Relationships in a Marriage-free State"
- Jul 11 - CSLS Visiting Scholar Summer Speaker Series, Christopher Elmendorf, UC Davis. "The Geography of Discrimination in Voting:MRP Meets VRA"
- Jul 18 - CSLS Visiting Scholar Summer Speaker Series, Shahla Ali, U. of Hong Kong. "Extending Theories of New Governance in Post-Disaster Response"
CSLS Fall 2013 Speaker Series
- Sep 9 - CSLS Speaker Series David Sklansky, Berkeley Law
- Sep 16 - CSLS Speaker Series Devon Carbado, UCLA
- Sep 23 - CSLS Speaker Series Niel Fligstein, UC Berkeley
- Sep 30 - CSLS Speaker Series Andrew Guzman and Katerina Linos, Berkeley Law