AROUND THE CENTER
CSLS Director's Blog
CSLS now on Twitter: @CSLSatBerkeley
Congrats to JSP Assoc. Dean Calvin Morrill (former CSLS Dir.) elected Secretary of the Law and Society Association.
CSLS Exec. Dir. Rosann Greenspan appointed 2015 Counselor at Large for Western Society of Criminology.
Malcolm Feeley awarded WSC's highest honor, the Paul Tappan Award for outstanding contributions in criminology.
Jonathan Simon, CSLS Dir., receives Wstrn Soc of Crimin. 2015 Fellows Award.
CSLS Affil. Rachel Stern named to 2yr term as Fellow on Nat. Committee on US-China Relat. Public Intellectual Program.
2014-15 BELS Graduate Fellows announced.
LA Times op-ed on Europe vs. US privacy by James Rule, CSLS Disting. Affiliated Scholar
CSLS Affil. Setsuo Miyazawa wins Law & Society Assn. 2014 Internat'l Award for advance of knowledge in law & society.
Transformation of Criminal Due Process... by CSLS Exec Dir Rosann Greenspan. Foreword by Malcolm Feeley.
CSLS Affil. Rachel Stern's Environmental Litigation in China (Cambridge) wins Honorable Mention, LSA Herbert Jacob Book Award for best book in past two years.
Former BELS Grad Fellow (2011-12) Hillary Berk wins LSA 2014 Dissertation Prize for work in Law & Soc. in 2013
CSLS Affil. Katerina Linos & co-author Kimberly Twist win APSA Law & Courts 2014 Best Conference Paper Award.
Video Series Conversations in Law and Society available here.
2014-15 BELS Fellow Alexandra Havrylyshyn receives Austin Sarat Award for Best Graduate Student Paper from Assn for Study of Law, Culture & Humanities.
The CSLS 50th Anniversary Conference was a great success. Enjoy the photo slideshow from the event, above, or visit the conference web page here.
Fall 2014 CSLS Speaker Series and Events
- Nov 17 CSLS Speaker Series - Liora Israel, EHESS, Paris (flier)
- Nov 19 CSLS co-sponsored Event - Chantal Thomas, Cornell (announcement)
- Nov 24 CSLS Speaker Series - Marie Gottschalk, U. Pennsylvania (flier)
- Dec 1 CSLS Speaker Series - Dean Sujit Choudhry, Berkeley Law (venue -100 Boalt) (flier)
- Dec 5 Co-sponsored Symposium on Law, Disability, & Equality (abstract) (registration waitlist)
- Dec 11 CSLS Speaker Event - Ian Loader, Oxford U. (All Souls) (flier)
- Jan 26 CSLS Speaker Series - Paul Starr, Princeton U. (flier)
- Feb 2 CSLS Speaker Series - Benjamin Liebman, Columbia Law School (flier)
- Feb 6 Empirical Research Methods Workshop w/Sally Merry, NYU (announcement)
- Feb 9 CSLS Speaker Series - Kaaryn Gustafson, UC Irvine School of Law (flier)
- Feb 26 CSLS Speaker Series - Bernard Harcourt, Columbia Law School (flier) Note: on Thursday
- Mar 3 CSLS Speaker Series - David Quintanilla, Indiana U. Maurer School of Law (flier)
- Mar 9 CSLS Speaker Series - Steven Wilf, U. Conn School of Law