AROUND THE CENTER
CSLS Director's Blog (new)
2014-15 BELS Graduate Fellowship competition open Feb. 18-Apr 4. More info.
Conversations in Law & Society - Robert Kagan, interviewed by Calvin Morrill on March 14. (flier)
Transformation of Criminal Due Process... by CSLS Exec Dir Rosann Greenspan released by Quid Pro Books in new paperback & digital formats. Foreword by Malcolm Feeley.
Video Series Conversations in Law and Society available here.
CSLS Exec. Director Rosann Greenspan receives the Western Soc. of Criminology's 2014 Fellows Award.
New BELS Fellows for 2013-14 are announced.
Former CSLS Director Calvin Morrill co-authors NSF report (2013) on youth violence.
CSLS Affiliate Rachel Stern's new book Environmental Litigation in China out at Cambridge U. Press.
NYTimes op-ed "The Search Engine for Better or for Worse" by James Rule, CSLS Disting. Affiliated Scholar.
CSLS Affil. KT Albiston's op-ed (w/Shelley Correll): Yahoo new policy on working at home.
Charter BELS Fellow Alexa Koenig appointed Exec. Dir., Human Rights Center, UCB.
We invite you to visit the Philip Selznick Memorial Page with tributes, interviews and videos.
The CSLS 50th Anniversary Conference was a great success. Enjoy the photo slideshow from the event, above, or visit the conference web page here.
CSLS Fall 2014 Speaker Series (calendar)
- Apr 17 GALA/CSLS Speaker Event - Sonia Bishop, UCB
- Apr 17 Workshop/Reception - Peter Schneck, U. of Osnabruck, Germany.(flier)
- Apr 21 CSLS Speaker Series - Christopher Edley, Jr., Berkeley Law (VENUE CHANGE TO 132 BOALT HALL) (flier)
- Apr 24 Workshop/Reception - Birgit Langenberger, U. of Vienna (abstract)
- Apr 28 CSLS Speaker Series - Kevin Quinn, Berkeley Law and Christopher Elmendorf, UC, Davis (flier)
- May 2 ISSI/CSLS et. al. - Conference to mark 35th Anniversary of Institute for the Study of Societal Issues (formerly ISSC). (flier)