AROUND THE CENTER
CSLS Director's Blog
CSLS now on Twitter: @CSLSatBerkeley
BELS 2015-16 Fellowship application period February 23-April 6. Full details.
Congrats to JSP Assoc. Dean Calvin Morrill (former CSLS Dir.) elected Secretary of the Law and Society Association.
CSLS Exec. Dir. Rosann Greenspan appointed 2015 Counselor at Large for Western Society of Criminology.
Malcolm Feeley awarded WSC's highest honor, the Paul Tappan Award for outstanding contributions in criminology.
Jonathan Simon, CSLS Dir., receives Wstrn Soc of Crimin. 2015 Fellows Award.
CSLS Affil. Rachel Stern named to 2yr term as Fellow on Nat. Committee on US-China Relat. Public Intellectual Program.
2014-15 BELS Graduate Fellows announced.
LA Times op-ed on Europe vs. US privacy by James Rule, CSLS Disting. Affiliated Scholar
CSLS Affil. Setsuo Miyazawa wins Law & Society Assn. 2014 Internat'l Award for advance of knowledge in law & society.
Transformation of Criminal Due Process... by CSLS Exec Dir Rosann Greenspan. Foreword by Malcolm Feeley.
CSLS Affil. Rachel Stern's Environmental Litigation in China (Cambridge) wins Honorable Mention, LSA Herbert Jacob Book Award for best book in past two years.
Former BELS Grad Fellow (2011-12) Hillary Berk wins LSA 2014 Dissertation Prize for work in Law & Soc. in 2013
CSLS Affil. Katerina Linos & co-author Kimberly Twist win APSA Law & Courts 2014 Best Conference Paper Award.
Video Series Conversations in Law and Society available here.
2014-15 BELS Fellow Alexandra Havrylyshyn receives Austin Sarat Award for Best Graduate Student Paper from Assn for Study of Law, Culture & Humanities.
The CSLS 50th Anniversary Conference was a great success. Enjoy the photo slideshow from the event, above, or visit the conference web page here.
Spring 2015 CSLS Speaker Series and Events
- Feb 26 CSLS Speaker Series - Bernard Harcourt, Columbia Law School (flier)
Note: on Thursday and Venue moved to the Warren Room, 295 Simon, Berkeley Law
- Feb 27-28 Co-sponsored Conference w/the Program in Critical Theory, "Neoliberalism + Biopolitics" (conf. website)
- Mar 2 CSLS Speaker Series - Victor David Quintanilla, Indiana U. Maurer School of Law (flier)
- Mar 3 Book Event - Hadar Aviram - Cheap on Crime - 4-5:30p Selznick Seminar Rm. (flier)
- Mar 9 CSLS Speaker Series - Steven Wilf, U. Connecticut School of Law. (flier)
- Mar 9 Co-sponsored Symposium on Imprisonment and Disability (flier)
- Mar 10 Inaugural Robert A. Kagan Lecture in Law and Regulation (flier) w/ Cary Coglianese
- Mar 16 CSLS Speaker Series - Jonathan Simon, Berkeley Law (flier)
- Mar 17 CSLS Book Event - Kitty Calavita and Valerie Jenness - Appealing to Justice (UC Press) 4-5:30p in Warren Rm, 295 Simon Hall, Berkeley Law
- Mar 18 CSLS co-sponsored BCLBE Speaker - Aaron A. Dhir, Osgoode Hall Law School of York U. Boalt 100, 5-6p. (flier)
- Mar 30 CSLS Speaker Series - Yxta Murray, Loyal University (flier)
- Apr 6 CSLS Speaker Series - Jeannine Bell, Indiana University (flier)
- Apr 13 CSLS Speaker Series - Gregory Alexander, Cornell (flier)
- Apr 20 CSLS Speaker Series - Ariela Gross, USC (flier)
- Apr 27 CSLS Speaker Series - Amy Lerman, UCB Goldman School of Public Policy (flier)