AROUND THE CENTER
CSLS Director's Blog
Malcolm Feeley awarded WSC's highest honor, the Paul Tappan Award for outstanding contributions in criminology.
Jonathan Simon, CSLS Dir., awarded WSC Fellow Award for important contributions to crimin. in the Western Region.
2014-15 BELS Graduate Fellows announced.
LA Times op-ed on Europe vs. US privacy by James Rule, CSLS Disting. Affiliated Scholar
CSLS Affil. Setsuo Miyazawa wins Law & Society Assn. 2014 Internat'l Award for advance of knowledge in law & society.
Transformation of Criminal Due Process... by CSLS Exec Dir Rosann Greenspan. Foreword by Malcolm Feeley.
CSLS Affil. Rachel Stern's Environmental Litigation in China (Cambridge) wins Honorable Mention, LSA Herbert Jacob Book Award for best book in past two years.
Former BELS Grad Fellow (2011-12) Hillary Berk wins LSA 2014 Dissertation Prize for work in Law & Soc. in 2013
CSLS Affil. Katerina Linos & co-author Kimberly Twist win APSA Law & Courts 2014 Best Conference Paper Award.
Video Series Conversations in Law and Society available here.
2014-15 BELS Fellow Alexandra Havrylyshyn receives Austin Sarat Award for Best Graduate Student Paper from Assn for Study of Law, Culture & Humanities.
The CSLS 50th Anniversary Conference was a great success. Enjoy the photo slideshow from the event, above, or visit the conference web page here.
Fall 2014 CSLS Speaker Series and Events
- Sep 8 CSLS Speaker Series - Christopher Tomlins, Berkeley Law
- Sep 15 CSLS Speaker Series - Leonardo Barbosa, Legislative Atty, Chamber of Deputies, Brazil
- Sep 17 Book Event for new book Mass Incarceration on Trial by CSLS Dir. Jonathan Simon (announcement)
- Sep 22 CSLS Speaker Series - Avani Mehta Sood, Berkeley Law
- Sep 22 CSLS Speaker Event - Lynette Chua, National University of Singapore (announcement)
- Sep 29 CSLS Speaker Series - Mary Dudziak, Emory Law School
- Oct 6 CSLS Speaker Series - Ira Ellman, Arizona St U.
- Oct 13 CSLS Speaker Series - Tonya Brito, U. Wisc Law School
- Oct 20 CSLS Speaker Series - Rebecca McLennan, UC Berkeley
- Oct 24 Conversations in Law and Society w/John Comaroff and Jean Comaroff
- Oct 27 CSLS Speaker Series - William Forbath, U. Texas Law School (venue -Warren Room)
- Nov 3 CSLS Speaker Series - Victor Rios, UC Santa Barbara
- Nov 10 CSLS Speaker Series - Herbert Kritzer, U. MN Law School
- Nov 17 CSLS Speaker Series - Liora Israel, EHESS, Paris
- Nov 24 CSLS Speaker Series - Marie Gottschalk, U. Pennsylvania
- Dec 1 CSLS Speaker Series - Dean Sujit Choudhry, Berkeley Law (venue -100 Boalt)
- Dec 5 Co-sponsored Symposium on Law, Disability, & Equality (abstract)
- Dec 11 CSLS Speaker Event - Ian Loader, Oxford U. (All Souls)