AROUND THE CENTER
CSLS Director's Blog
CSLS now on Twitter: @CSLSatBerkeley
Congrats to JSP Assoc. Dean Calvin Morrill (former CSLS Dir.) elected Secretary of the Law and Society Association.
CSLS Exec. Dir. Rosann Greenspan appointed 2015 Counselor at Large for Western Society of Criminology.
Malcolm Feeley awarded WSC's highest honor, the Paul Tappan Award for outstanding contributions in criminology.
Jonathan Simon, CSLS Dir., receives Wstrn Soc of Crimin. 2015 Fellows Award.
CSLS Affil. Rachel Stern named to 2yr term as Fellow on Nat. Committee on US-China Relat. Public Intellectual Program.
2014-15 BELS Graduate Fellows announced.
LA Times op-ed on Europe vs. US privacy by James Rule, CSLS Disting. Affiliated Scholar
CSLS Affil. Setsuo Miyazawa wins Law & Society Assn. 2014 Internat'l Award for advance of knowledge in law & society.
Transformation of Criminal Due Process... by CSLS Exec Dir Rosann Greenspan. Foreword by Malcolm Feeley.
CSLS Affil. Rachel Stern's Environmental Litigation in China (Cambridge) wins Honorable Mention, LSA Herbert Jacob Book Award for best book in past two years.
Former BELS Grad Fellow (2011-12) Hillary Berk wins LSA 2014 Dissertation Prize for work in Law & Soc. in 2013
CSLS Affil. Katerina Linos & co-author Kimberly Twist win APSA Law & Courts 2014 Best Conference Paper Award.
Video Series Conversations in Law and Society available here.
2014-15 BELS Fellow Alexandra Havrylyshyn receives Austin Sarat Award for Best Graduate Student Paper from Assn for Study of Law, Culture & Humanities.
The CSLS 50th Anniversary Conference was a great success. Enjoy the photo slideshow from the event, above, or visit the conference web page here.
Spring 2015 CSLS Speaker Series and Events
- Jan 14 CSLS Special Event - Martin Krygier, U. of New S. Wales (flier)
- Jan 26 CSLS Speaker Series - Paul Starr, Princeton U. (flier)
- Feb 2 CSLS Speaker Series - Benjamin Liebman, Columbia Law School (flier)
- Feb 6 Conversations in Law and Society w/Sally Engle Merry, NYU (flier)
- Feb 9 CSLS Speaker Series - Kaaryn Gustafson, UC Irvine School of Law (flier)
- Feb 13 Empirical Research Methods Workshop w/Justin McCrary (flier)
- Feb 17 Symposium on Law and Society in Israel, "The Private Sphere as Public Policy?" - w/ BIJLIS (flier)
- Feb 19 Co-Sponsored Book Event - Amanda Hollis-Brusky on her book Ideas with Consequences (Oxford U. Press, 2015) w/ ISSI in Wildavsky Conf. Room, 2538 Channing, 4:45p-6:15p (flier)
- Feb 26 CSLS Speaker Series - Bernard Harcourt, Columbia Law School (flier)
Note: on Thursday
- Mar 2 CSLS Speaker Series - Victor David Quintanilla, Indiana U. Maurer School of Law (flier)
- Mar 3 Book Event - Hadar Aviram - Cheap on Crime - 4-5:30p Selznick Seminar Rm.
- Mar 9 CSLS Speaker Series - Steven Wilf, U. Connecticut School of Law. (flier)
- Mar 9 Co-sponsored Symposium on Imprisonment and Disability (announcement)
- Mar 10 Inaugural Robert A. Kagan Lecture in Law and Regulation (announcement) w/ Cary Coglianese
- Mar 16 CSLS Speaker Series - Jonathan Simon, Berkeley Law (flier)
- Mar 30 CSLS Speaker Series - Yxta Murray, Loyal University (flier)
- Apr 6 CSLS Speaker Series - Jeannine Bell, Indiana University (flier)
- Apr 13 CSLS Speaker Series - Gregory Alexander, Cornell (flier)
- Apr 20 CSLS Speaker Series - Ariela Gross, USC (flier)
- Apr 27 CSLS Speaker Series - Amy Lerman, UCB Goldman School of Public Policy (flier)