MISSION. The Center for Law, Energy & the Environment (CLEE) at Berkeley Law develops policy solutions to the most pressing environmental and energy issues at the state, local, and national levels.
COMMUNITY. CLEE is the heart of Berkeley Law's environmental law program, organizing events with the many student groups on campus and working with our environmental and energy alumni.
Events and Annual Report
- See our Events Page for a full schedule of events.
- View our 2011-2012 Annual Report.
- Regulation of Hydraulic Fracturing in California: A Wastewater and Water Quality Perspective, A Wheeler Institute report (April 2013)
- Legal Analysis of Barriers to Adaption for California's Water Sector, prepared for the California Energy Commission (July 2012)
- Electric Drive by '25: How California Can Catalyze Mass Adoption of Electric Vehicles by 2025 (September 2012)
- Harvesting Clean Energy: How California Can Deploy Large-Scale Renewable Energy Projects on Appropriate Farmland (October 2011). This is a project of our Climate Change and Business Research Initiative.
- Comments on FHFA's Proposed Rule on Enterprise Underwriting Standards for PACE Programs (September 2012).
- California's Transition to Local Renewable Energy: 12,000 Megawatts by 2020 (June 7, 2012) More details on this report are available here.
- The Statewide Benefits of Net Metering (February 2012).
- 2020 Strategic Analysis of Energy Storage in California, prepared for the California Energy Commission (November 2011).
- Defining Good Infill: A Convening Report on SB 226 and the California Environmental Quality Act (April 2012).
Our environmental law and policy blog: