Services for Students
What is the Alumni Center?
The Alumni Center is the liaison to the Boalt Hall Alumni Association and its Board of Directors.
All graduates are automatically conferred membership into the community of more than 15,000 graduates living and working in all 50 states and more than 70 countries. The Board of Directors serve to help strengthen alumni connections and advance the needs of the Law School.
The Alumni Center is the fundraising nexus of the Law School. Staff members oversee a myriad of advancement programs and the office is the official hub for depositing, recording, and acknowledging all gifts to the Law School.
How does the Alumni Center assist students?
Fundraising support. Funds support a myriad of initiatives and programs, including student scholarships, journals and organizations; curricular and clinical programs; faculty research; and capital improvements. The Alumni Center provides students with:
• alumni contacts
• solicitation templates, guidelines and strategies
• gift depositing, recording, acknowledging and reporting
• special campaign assistance
Graduating class gift campaign. To demonstrate their support for the Law School, graduating J.D.s, LL.M.s and J.S.D.s are asked to make a class gift, with the goal of 100% participation. The Alumni Center works closely with the student leaders and the BHAA hosts the January kickoff party.
Alumni communications. Scheduled publications are the Enews, Transcript Magazine and Annual Report of Philanthropy. Information is also channeled to our online communities AlumNetwork, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Alumni achievements, programs and events are updated on the alumni web site www.law.berkeley.edu/alumni.
Alumni networking. The Alumni Center oversees the Law School’s alumni relations and records. Students can request:
• access to alumni information by student participation, practice area, and geographic region
• candidates for student recognition awards, activity advisors, and mentors
Alumni events. Marquis student and alumni events are held throughout the year.
• Spotlight on Leadership reception with recruiters from the Law School’s most supportive law firms and organizations (fall)
• All-Alumni Reunion Weekend (fall)
• Regional receptions throughout the country, and across the globe (year-round)
Contact the Alumni Center!
Just email firstname.lastname@example.org; call 510.642.9045; or visit 2850 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 500.