Services for Students
What is the Alumni Center?
The Alumni Center is the liaison to the Boalt Hall Alumni Association and its Board of Directors.
All graduates are automatically conferred membership into the community of more than 15,000 graduates living and working in all 50 states and more than 70 countries. The Board of Directors serves to help strengthen alumni connections and advance the needs of the Law School.
The Alumni Center is the fundraising nexus of the Law School. Staff members oversee myriad advancement programs, and the office is the official hub for accepting, depositing, recording, and acknowledging all gifts to the Law School.
How does the Alumni Center assist students?
Fundraising supports myriad initiatives and programs, including student scholarships, journals and organizations; curricular and clinical programs; faculty research; and capital improvements. The Alumni Center may provide students with:
• alumni contacts for sharing information about their journals and organizations
• solicitation templates, guidelines and strategies
• gift accepting, depositing, recording, acknowledging and reporting
• special campaigns assistance, e-blast of invitations, etc.
Graduating class gift campaign. Each year, to demonstrate their support for the Law School, graduating J.D.s, LL.M.s and J.S.D.s are asked to contribute to a class gift. The Alumni Center works closely with student leaders toward the goal of 100% participation, and hosts a campaign kickoff party for the class.
Alumni communications. Scheduled publications are the eNews, Transcript and Annual Report of Philanthropy. Information is also channeled to our online communities AlumNetwork, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. Alumni achievements, programs and events are updated on the alumni website www.law.berkeley.edu/alumni.
Alumni networking. The Alumni Center oversees the Law School’s alumni relations and records. Students may request:
• some access to information regarding student participation, practice area, and geographic region
• candidates for student recognition awards, activity advisors, and mentors as may be available
Alumni events. Marquee student and alumni events are held throughout the year.
• Spotlight on Leadership reception with recruiters from the Law School’s most supportive law firms and organizations (fall or spring)
Halfway through and graduating class gift campaign parties, and others
• All-Alumni Reunion Weekend (fall)
• Regional receptions and events throughout the country, and across the globe (year-round)
Contact the Alumni Center!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org; call Rachel at 510.642.9045; or visit the Alumni Center Offices at
2850 Telegraph Avenue, Suite 500, Berkeley.