Paying Foreign Individuals and Suppliers


For detailed information about providing payments to foreign individuals who are invited to the campus by Berkeley Law hosts, go to the new Event Services website.  The Hosting Foreign Guests web page explains what information and forms each host is responsible for obtaining before a foreign guest arrives and when this guest is on campus.

For general reimbursements with wire transfers as the method of payment, data privacy is our most important concern.  Go to the International Wire Transfers page on the blue sidebar for special instructions about how to submit this type of transaction to Business Services.  Forward travel and entertainment reimbursements to Business Services as hardcopy documents - forms and instructions are available on the Getting Reimbursed page on the blue sidebar.   


For services performed outside of the United States, the supplier must provide an invoice, a completed and signed Certificate of Foreign Status for Federal Withholding (UC W-8BEN) form (sections A, H and I only), and a completed Wire Transfer Request form.  Go to the International Wire Transfers page on the blue sidebar for special instructions about how to submit this type of transaction to Business Services.