Comparative and International Law Center

  • The Comparative and International Law Center is located at 353 Boalt Hall School of Law.
  • The center is able to accommodate a limited number of lawyers and law teachers each year as visiting scholars to engage in significant independent legal research projects. Space will be assigned based upon availability and the proposed research project. Graduate students are unlikely to receive carrel space in the center.
  • For information on how to apply for visiting scholar status please go to: Visiting Scholars at Berkeley School of Law.
  • To apply for an office or a carrel, once enrollment has been completed and fees paid, please contact: Lauren Webb,

Advanced Degrees

Berkeley Law offers two advanced degrees in law for those holding American or foreign law degrees: master's of law (LL.M.) and doctor of the science of law (J.S.D.). For more information and to request application materials, please check our Advanced Law Degrees section.