News and Announcements
Recruiting Season Prep: Mock Interview Program - Employer Reception
Sign-ups are now open for the Mock Interviews and Employer Reception on Thursday, April 4. This event will be at the Shattuck Plaza Hotel, which is where the on-campus interviews will be held in August. Even if you did a mock interview earlier in the year, and have had other legal interviews, this is an excellent opportunity to hone your skills (and get valuable feedback) in the exact environment where EIWwill take place. The reception provides you with the opportunity to meet and network with attorneys from a number of firms who will be recruiting in Berkeley in the fall.
There are four time slots for the interviews: 4:00, 4:30, 5:00 and 5:30. The reception, at the hotel, will follow from 6:00 to 7:30. Sign-ups for the interviews will close on March 25th at 5:00 PM. Please note that there are a finite number of interview slots, so we must allocate them on a first-come-first-served basis, and it is quite possible that the schedule will fill before the sign-up period closes. In order to allow the greatest number of students to participate in the program, you will be permitted to sign up for only one mock interview. While most of the interviewers are from the private sector, there will be a limited number of government and public interest interview spots. If you do not find an open space for the time and type of interview you want, please send an email to Sarah Cunniff in the CDO. She will be creating an off-line wait list, and may be able to add more interview schedules if there is sufficient demand. Interview attire is required for the mock interviews. If you do not sign up for a mock interview, you are still welcome at the reception (6:00 to 7:30 at the Shattuck Plaza Hotel).
HOW TO SIGN UP
Sign ups are via the b-Line. Make sure you have a resume uploaded to b-Line before you attempt to sign up for a mock interview slot; you will not be able to sign up if you have not. See the Announcements Section of the b-Line home page for instructions for uploading a resume.
Once you have uploaded a resume to b-Line:
1. Click on "OCI" from the menu at the top of the b-Line home page.
2. On the "Employers/Apply" tab on the OCI page, select "2010 Mock Interview Program (April 8)" from the “Session” pulldown menu. You will see a list of employers with the employer type (firm, public interest, or government) in parentheses to the right.
3. If there are available slots on an employer's schedule, there will be a clickable button in the Interview Dates column. Click on the button for the type of employer you are interested in. You will see a list of the available time slots. To sign up for a particular slot, click on its corresponding radio button.
4. Click on the Signup button to complete the process.
5. You will be taken to the Scheduled Interviews tab where you can see the interview information. If you wish to cancel this interview, simply click on the Cancel button on the far right to do so.
If you have any questions about signing up for a mock interview slot via b-Line, or about the reception, please contact Sarah in the CDO.3/21/2013