MCLE Credit Information

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get credit for Boalt events I attend?

Boalt identifies which of its activities offer MCLE credit. For those with credit, you will find the type and amount of credit in the activity's description.

At the MCLE-credited event, you'll be asked to provide your signature and bar number as a record of your attendance. (If you've forgotten your bar number you can provide it later). Once you've signed in, we'll provide you with a certificate stating the time, date, location, title, and the amount of California approved education credit earned for the activity.

I attended an MCLE activity at Boalt and forgot to pick up my certificate.

Boalt can send you another copy of your certificate. Just email with the following information:

  • Your name as you signed it on the registration sheet.
  • The name and date of the event you attended.
  • The lecture(s) you attended. It's helpful if you can include the name of the lecture, speakers, or moderators.
  • Please feel free to include any questions or comments you may have.

We'll confirm your attendance at the event and send you a replacement certificate in the mail.

I took a course out of state. How do I transfer my credit?

You can transfer your credit if the out-of-state activity was offered by a jurisdiction on California's approved list. For a list of approved states and foreign jurisdictions, check the State Bar website.

Can credit I receive in California be transferred to my own state?

Please check with your own state bar since each state has its own specific rules about MCLE credit. For a list of links to state bar websites, click here.

You can access complete information on the California State Bar's MCLE program by clicking here. If you have questions concerning your MCLE credit earned through Boalt activities, please contact us at