Summary of Requirements
Berkeley Campus Requirements for the Ph.D.
- two years of "academic residence" (defined as completion of a minimum of 4 units of upper-division or graduate courseware per semester for a total of 4 semesters.
- "B" average in all course work undertaken in graduate status;
- qualifying examination;
- completion of a doctoral dissertation.
JSP Program Requirements
- first-semester orientation seminar;
- 3 "foundation" courses + 2 additional JSP seminars/classes;
- statistics class + Research Methods class;
- 2 law classes + Advanced Legal Research class;
- 2 fields of specialization (at least 1 disciplinary field).