Application & Admission
The online applications for Berkeley Law's LL.M. and J.S.D programs are now open. We accept online applications only, through the Law School Admissions Council.
Important Notes on the LL.M. Application
Applicants may use the same application form to apply for admission to either the professional track, the traditional track, or both. Please note that although the application term is listed as Fall, the application form allows you to apply for both tracks.
If you decide to apply to both LL.M. tracks, please note:
- Your application to each track will be reviewed independently. Admission to one will not affect your decision for the other. If you are admitted to both tracks, you must choose one; enrollment in both is not possible.
- Berkeley offers rolling admissions for the professional track. The sooner you apply, the sooner you will receive an admission decision (within three weeks of submitting your compete application). Admission decisions for the traditional track are announced in March/April.
- If you are admitted to the professional track, you will be asked to submit a nonrefundable deposit. The deposit will be due before admission decisions are made for the traditional track. If, after submitting the deposit, you are admitted to the traditional track and wish to transfer, we will transfer your deposit without penalty upon request.
- Clinics and the thesis track are available to students in the traditional track only. Please visit our professional track page for a list of summer course offerings.
- The professional track is designed for international students; J.D. graduates from U.S. law schools are not eligible.
Applying through LSAC
All questions regarding the LL.M. or J.S.D. programs or the application process should be directed to the Advanced Degree Programs Office.