LL.M. Professional Track
Come to Berkeley Law and earn an LL.M. degree
over two consecutive summers.
The professional track of our LL.M. program is designed for lawyers educated outside the U.S. who want an internationally renowned Berkeley Law degree, but can’t leave professional commitments for an entire year.
Click on a photo to watch a video highlighting the program.
Innovative, Accessible, and ComprehensiveAn LL.M. degree is often a necessity when dealing with international clients. The professional track offers:
- Choice of 10- or 13-week summer semesters allows students to maintain existing professional and personal commitments throughout the year.
- Courses taught by world-renowned, full-time Berkeley Law faculty who are leaders in their fields.
- Flexible curriculum including business law, intellectual property, and core U.S. law courses.
- Opportunity to qualify for the California Bar Exam.
- Exposure to the practice of law in the U.S. through a speaker series led by practicing U.S. attorneys.
Certificates of Specialization in Business Law or IP Law
In addition to an LL.M. degree, students seeking in-depth training in Business Law or Intellectual Property Law are able to earn a Certificate of Specialization in recognition of their expertise.
Superior Education in an Incomparable Setting
Explore endless possibilities for academic and cultural enrichment.
- Access the academic resources of the world-renowned University of California, Berkeley.
- Experience the dynamic legal, business, and high tech communities of the East Bay, San Francisco, and Silicon Valley.