Impact of Key Environmental Law Decisions by the U.S. Supreme Court
This has been a blockbuster year in the U.S. Supreme Court for environmental law and policy. In the Term that concludes June 2009, the Justices have decided five major environmental cases involving many of the nation’s most important environmental laws.
In this webcast, Berkeley Law experts assess the impact of these recent rulings and the dissonance between the High Court and the Ninth Circuit on environmental law and policy. The 90-minute webcast also analyzes the Robert’s Court’s overall environmental law record to date, previews the Court’s upcoming Term, and assesses the impact of a probable Sotomayor appointment.
The webcast is sponsored by UC Berkeley School of Law’s Center for Law, Energy & the Environment (CLEE).
The speakers for this informative program, all members of the Berkeley Law School's environmental faculty, include:
· Professor Dan Farber
· Professor Holly Doremus
· Professor Eric Biber
· CLEE Executive Director Richard Frank (moderator)
Environmental law experts from the Berkeley Law faculty reviewed and analyzed each of these major, recently-decided U.S. Supreme Court cases:
· Winter v. Natural Resources Defense Council (NEPA/CZMA)
· Summers v. Earth Island Institute (Federal Forest Practices)
· Entergy Corp. v. Riverkeeper, Inc. (Clean Water Act)
· Burlington Northern v. United States (CERCLA/Superfund)
· Coeur Alaska, Inc. v. Southeast Alaska Conservation Council (Clean Water Act)
1.5 hours of participatory CLE credits are available for this offering for $50 (non-profit/government) and $100 (corporate). To purchase CLE, you will need to enter the CLE code shown with the video. When you go to the payment page, this code will be the password required to enter the site. Please select one of the following available states:
Case documents can be found here:
- WINTER, SECRETARY OF THE NAVY, ET AL. v NATU-RAL RESOURCES DEFENSE COUNCIL, INC., ET AL.SUMMERS ET AL. v. EARTH ISLAND INSTITUTE ET AL.
- ENTERGY CORP. v. RIVERKEEPER, INC., ET AL.
- BURLINGTON NORTHERN & SANTA FE RAILWAY CO. ET AL. v. UNITED STATES ET AL.
- COEUR ALASKA, INC. v. SOUTHEAST ALASKA CONSERVATION COUNCIL ET AL.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please write to email@example.com with 'CLE' somewhere in the subject line.