Orange Coast Magazine Notes Highly Regarded Boalt Alumni
There are plenty of Boalt alumni living and working in "The O.C." – aka Orange County in Southern California. In the April edition of Orange Coast magazine, several of these attorneys were highlighted as tops in their respective specialties. In fact, among 50 attorneys listed, seven were educated here at Boalt.
The magazine's list was drawn from the nationwide directory, The Best Lawyers in America – a widely cited referral guide. Best Lawyers represents attorneys and firms working in over 80 specialized areas from alternative dispute resolution to workers' compensation.
Boalt alumni represented in the Orange County area included:
- Susan K. Hori, '79, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, Land Use & Zoning
- Roy Geiger, '79, Irell & Manella, Real Estate
- Richard M. Sherman, Jr., '74, Irell & Mansella, Real Estate
- Michael Paul Thomas, '84, Personal Injury Litigation
- Randolph B. Godshall, '79, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, Trusts and Estates
- Martin J. Thompson, '73, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, Health Care
- Marc S. Maister, '91, Irell & Manella, Insurance
The Best Lawyers directory is based on peer-review surveys from thousands of lawyers in the United States, and the current edition tabulated more than 1.8 million evaluations.4/9/2007