Law & Tech Opportunities
Covington & Burling LLP - 2 Opportunities
1L Summer Associate - San Francisco
Covington & Burling LLP is seeking to identify diverse and talented law students who share both our interest in practicing law in San Francisco and our commitment to developing and maintaining an outstanding legal practice. Students interested in practicing patent litigation are encouraged to apply.
Please upload both a resume and cover letter to b-Line (job id#17284). Application deadline is 1/31/15.
1L Summer Associate - Silicon Valley
Covington & Burling LLP is seeking to identify diverse and talented law students who share both our interest in practicing law in Silicon Valley and our commitment to developing and maintaining an outstanding legal practice. Students interested in practicing patent litigation are encouraged to apply.
Please upload both a resume and cover letter to b-Line (job id #17285). Application deadline is 1/31/15.
NOTE: PER NALP GUIDELINES, 1L STUDENTS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO APPLY FOR ANY POSITION BEFORE DECEMBER 1.
Summer '15 Business & Legal Affairs Intern - Part Time Paid Internship
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Available: May 2015
Duration of Internship: 1 Semester or 2 Quarters
Days & Hours: Flexible: Monday – Friday 9am to 6pm (20-24 hours per week)
The Business & Legal Affairs department is responsible for the legal matters as they relate to the Miramax business. The Legal intern will assist with legal research and drafting in connection with the preparation and drafting in connection with the preparation and negotiation of license agreements for television and digital distribution of feature film content, the licensing of film clips, the analysis of chain of title and other film rights research and other projects at the direction of the SVP and legal team.
- Draft license agreements and respond to comments from counterparties on license agreements drafts under negotiation
- Assist in renewals process for Miramax acquired titles by renewals notices and amendments to existing acquisition agreements to extend license periods
- Support sales teams in driving agreements toward execution and maintenance of titles in library
- Assist SVP, Business and Legal Affairs with other film rights research and other projects
- Must be currently enrolled in school
- Must be a law student with excellent academic credentials
- Strong organizational skills and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Great communication and time management
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work well in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook with some Internet and research skills
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment at a growing film distribution company
Please send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Summer ‘15 Legal Intern” in the subject line.
Summer Opportunity for 1Ls and 2Ls: Patent Pilot Program
The Central District of California is one of fourteen district courts participating in the Patent Pilot Program, which allows interested judges to enhance their expertise in patent cases by taking on more of them. We have a couple of full-time unpaid judicial externships available with the Program over the summer.
Externs perform legal writing and research, observe hearings, and otherwise get a sense of patent litigation at the district court level. We are especially interested in externship candidates who have knowledge of and interest in patent law. Candidates can email their application materials (resume, cover letter, writing sample, and any available grades) directly to: Jonathan_Rotter@cacd.uscourts.gov.
For more job opportunities for Berkeley Law Students, please visit the Career Development Office’s website.
To feature your group's opportunity, please contact BCLT at email@example.com