Contracts and Grants
Developing funding proposals and managing sponsored awards involve complex processes with layers of compliance requirements. Berkeley Law Principal Investigators now have two sources of support for these activities: Campus Shared Services Research Administration and our internal CSS RA Liaison.
NEW! CAMPUS SHARED SERVICES – RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION
As of March 30, 2015, a team of CSS RA experts will support proposal preparation for all Berkeley Law Principal Investigators. Centralizing this expertise in the hands of pre-award specialists leverages the power of their combined experience to streamline this process for Berkeley Law faculty and staff.
Our CSS RA team will:
- Review program solicitations and funding opportunities and provide advice to the PI.
- Establish a proposal-preparation timeline that allows successful submission by the funder’s deadline.
- Prepare requests in Phoebe, the web-based system for routing and approving proposals on campus.
- Prepare applications in a funder’s web-based system, such as NSF FastLane.
- Assist the PI with development of all required proposal documents and information with the exception of the budget/justification which is supported locally by Berkeley Law.
- Assemble proposal documentation from project collaborators (subawards).
- Follow a funder’s proposal instructions, applying the required formatting to uploaded or submitted documents and conducting an editorial review of all proposal documentation.
- Coordinate proposal routing and approvals.
- Respond to proposal-review questions from the Sponsored Projects Office or Industry Alliances Office.
Contact our CSS RA team:
Research Administrator Team Lead
NEW! CSS RA LIAISON
The current Berkeley Law Grants/Contracts Specialist will now serve as the law school’s on-site partner with our CSS RA team. Our CSS RA Liasion will manage the financial aspects of sponsored awards:
- Prepare the proposal budget in consultation with the Principal Investigator.
- Prepare the associated budget justification document.
- Deliver final versions of the internal budget worksheet and budget justification to our CSS RA team.
- Code and upload the award budget in BFS and activate the award chartstring for spending.
- Manage the award throughout the activity period.
- Establish approved subawards and contractor purchase orders.
- Coordinate the bi-annual Effort Reporting process.
- Prepare and submit the Closeout Certification when an award’s activity period has ended.
- Process requests in the Business Contracts Management System (non-SPO/IAO agreements).
Contact our CSS RA Liaison:
Project/Policy Analyst 4
322 Boalt Hall