Career Corner—Advice and Resources for Alumni
For Recent Graduate Job-Seekers
Just Getting Started with Your Job Search? Some Suggested Action Items:
- Make an appointment with the Alumni Career Counselor online.
- Review our Post-Graduate Employment Guide -- a comprehensive collection of resources for job-seekers including a Job Search Action Plan. Email the Alumni Counselor for a copy if needed.
- Update your resume. You may email the Alumni Counselor for review and suggestions.
- Review our 2010 Alumni Job Search Webcast -- a nuts and bolts program covering options and job-search techniques in various practice settings (you may review the whole program (90 minutes) or just relevant segments) or the 2012 Alumni Job Search Webcast featuring Q &A about job searching, networking, et cetera.
- Set up or update your existing LinkedIn profile and join the UC Berkeley School of Law, Boalt Hall group. For more on using LinkedIn, attend one of their weekly introductory webinars.
- Get an alumni password for b-Line by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your graduation year, and set up a job search agent to have entry-level positions on b-Line emailed to you automatically - instructions.
Select Events & Networking Opportunities:
BARRISTERS HAPPY HOUR - September 5, 2013: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm, San Francisco
End of Summer Social: Barristers & Trial Practice Section, Alameda County Bar Association - September 19, 2013, 5:30 PM - 7:30 pm, Oakland