ATTENTION: technology, business, international, and legal reporters
A two-day international conference about the economic, social, and legal aspects of Israel’s high-tech industry. The event will bring together more than 35 business leaders, entrepreneurs, scholars, and policy makers from Israel and the US. Twelve distinct sessions will address topics such as: models of tech-sector investment, clean-tech trends, legal challenges to US-Israelbusiness collaboration, global corporations' involvement in Israel, labor-market diversity, cross-border collaboration in the Middle East, and high-tech entrepreneurship.
The conference will focus on two key themes:
• Opportunities of local and global dynamics in the Israeli technology sector;
• Lessons from the past and challenges for the Israeli tech industry in the 21st century.
The event has been organized by the law school’s Berkeley Institute for Jewish Law and Israeli Law, Economy, and Society; and is hosted by the UC Berkeley School of Law and the Haas School of Business.
Wed.—Thurs., Feb. 1-2, 9:00-5:00 p.m.
A full schedule of the event is online here.
Feb. 1: Wells Fargo Room, Haas School of Business;
Feb. 2: Warren Room (295 Boalt Hall), UC Berkeley School of Law
See UC Berkeley campus map.
· Dan Senor, co-author, Start-up Nation
· David (Dadi) Perlmutter, Executive VP & GM, Intel Architecture Group, Chief Product Officer
· Isaac Applbaum, pres., California-Israel Chamber of Commerce, General Partner, Opus Capital
· Noam Bardin, CEO, Waze
· Michael Eisenberg, General Partner, Benchmark Capital
· Yoav Samet, sr. dir., Corporate Business Development, Cisco Systems
· Ronni Zehavi, CEO, Cotendo
· Leor Stern, Principal, New Business Development, Google
· Dror Berman, Managing Partner, Innovation Endeavors
RSVP: Register for the free conference here. The conference is approved for three MCLE credits.
SOURCES: For information about the conference itself, contact Daniella Beinisch (510) 643-3701, or email@example.com/27/2012