Business Law Certificate (Professional Track)
The Business Law LL.M. Certificate program allows LL.M. students to receive recognition for successful completion of a course of study to prepare for professional practice as legal advisors to businesses, to business-oriented NGOs, and to government entities. The curricular program requires students to develop a background in fundamental areas of business law. Students completing the program will have breadth, expertise and a foundation for professional practice.
Students who meet the following requirements upon graduation may apply for an LL.M. Certificate of Specialization in Business Law toward the end of their second year.
- Completion of the foundational Business Associations course
- Completion of four of the following courses:
- Securities Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- International Business Transactions
- Partnerships & LLCs
- Economics in Law Pracitice
- International Arbitration
- Completion of a research paper on a business or tax law topic. The paper requirement can be fulfilled through successful completion of the Legal Research & Writing course, or by writing on a "business law topic" in the Academic Writing course.
Applications must be received no later than June 25 for acknowledgment in the printed commencement program; however, you can apply for the Professional LL.M. Business Law Certificate at any time. Download application.