News and Announcements
EIW Schedules Available -- How To Cancel -- Open Sign Ups
Here are some things to keep in mind now that bidding is complete:
1. You can view your interview schedules by clicking on the "Scheduled Interviews" tab of the OCI Section of b-Line.
2. You can cancel an interview online up until 5PM no less than 3 days prior to the interview date. After that, cancellations can only be accepted for emergencies and only by contacting me (do not contact the employer directly or the Hotel Shattuck Plaza). Unexcused failures to attend will put your remaining interviews at risk. For details on canceling, visit the Canceling Interviews section of the EIW Mechanics page.
This policy exists for two reasons: 1) to give adequate notice to employers -- many of whom are traveling a great distance to meet with Boalt students, and whose travel or work plans may need to be re-arranged in response to a change in their interview schedules; and 2) to protect positive and productive working relations with employers for the benefit of your fellow students and future Boalt students.
3. You can sign yourself up for open interview slots beginning tomorrow and up to the evening before the interview date. See the Open Interview Sign Ups section of the EIW Mechanics page for details on how to sign up. New open slots will be created whenever a student cancels an interview, so check frequently.
4. You are not free to give away your interview slot to any other student, nor to trade slots.However, in the event of an unforeseen or unexpected conflict, you will be able to seek permission to switch your time slot with any other willing student who is on your same schedule with the same employer (firm and office). For details, see the Trading Interview Timeslots section of the EIW Mechanics webpage. I would ask that you seek this permission as sparingly as you can -- in previous years, students participating in EIW felt oppressed by all of the emails they were getting from their classmates on their schedules asking if they would switch!
5. If there is a change affecting the EIW program generally, it will be communicated via email to the 2L and 3L class lists. If there is a change that affects only certain schedules, we will send a message to the email address listed in the b-Line profile of every affected student, so insure your b-Line profile email address is up-to-date and your email box is in working order, and check it every day during EIW.
6. Bring extra photocopies of your resume, writing sample, list of references and photocopies of your transcript to each interview (for more information about references and writing samples, see the Resumes, References, Transcripts, and Writing Samples section of the EIW Mechanics page.). Employers do not get an advance look at your transcript and you should politely decline any request you receive from an employer to provide one in advance of your interview (you should tell them the CDO instructed you to do so). You should pick up your transcript from Room 238 (if you are picking it up tomorrow, Thursday, or Friday) or the CDO (if you are picking it up on the weekend -- remember that the hours you can pick up transcripts on the weekend are limited to between 11am and 2pm).
7. What if your bid on an employer you were really interested in was not successful? See EIW/FIP FAQ number 7.
8. We occasionally get questions about EIW/FIP Attire. In case you are interested, you can view one of our blogposts on the subject.
9. Remember to consult the materials on our interviewing advice webpage, including our Top 10 EIW Interview Prep Tips webcast.
Best of luck on the interviews! 8/2/2011