Amana Mutual Funds Trust
Since 1986, the Amana Mutual Funds have invested according to Islamic principles, or Sharia, to build wealth and preserve capital. Generally, these principles require that investors avoid interest (riba) and investments in businesses such as liquor, pornography, gambling, and banks. The Funds avoid bonds and other fixed-income securities. The Funds seek protection against inflation by making long-term equity investments.
Please consider an investment's objectives, risks, charges and expenses carefully before investing. To obtain this and other important information about the Amana Funds in a current prospectus, please visit www.amanafunds.com or call toll free 1-888/73-AMANA. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing. The Amana Funds limit the securities they purchase to those consistent with Islamic principles which limits opportunities and may increase risk.
SNR Denton is a client-focused international legal practice delivering quality and value. We serve clients in key business and financial centers from 60 locations in 43 countries, through offices, associate firms and special alliances across the US, the UK, Europe, the Middle East, Russia and the CIS, Asia Pacific and Africa, making us a top 25 legal services provider by lawyers and professionals worldwide. Joining the complementary top tier practices of its founding firms—Sonnenschein Nath & Rosenthal LLP and Denton Wilde Sapte LLP—SNR Denton offers business, government and institutional clients premier service and a disciplined focus to meet evolving needs in eight key industry sectors:
- Energy, Transport and Infrastructure
- Financial Institutions and Funds
- Health and Life Sciences
- Real Estate, Retail and Hotels
- Technology, Media and Telecommunications
SNR Denton in the Middle East
We have a market leading Middle East practice. With extensive on the ground coverage (10 offices across 9 jurisdictions), we can provide strategic support to your business both at home and abroad. We are one of the few international law firms to have offices in all of the GCC countries and have had a presence in the region since the 1930s – we really know what it means to do business here. Our long standing experience and our contacts in the region help us to navigate some of the pitfalls that less-experienced advisers may not recognise.Office Locations
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Amman, Jordan (associated office)
Beirut, Lebanon (associated firm)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Kuwait City, Kuwait (associated office)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (associated office)
We also have a special alliance with a firm in Istanbul, Turkey.
Experienced practitioners with long service in the region
Ability to advise on international and local law
Full service practices covering Banking & Finance, Islamic Finance, Projects, Construction & Infrastructure, Corporate & Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Energy, Real Estate, Technology, Media & Telecoms
Over 40 lawyers with dual English / Arabic language skills
Ability to coordinate and successfully complete complex multi-jurisdictional transactions
Thorough understanding of the key political, economic, regulatory and legal issues which surround doing business in the Middle East
An extensive network of contacts with governments and government officials, banks and other key local decision-makers
Track record with leading financial institutions and international corporations
Kirkland & Ellis has a 100-year history of providing exceptional service to clients around the world in complex litigation, corporate and tax, intellectual property, restructuring and counseling matters. The groundwork has been established for another century of superior legal work and client service.
Kirkland's principal goals are to provide the highest quality legal services available anywhere; to be an instrumental part of each client's success; and to recruit, retain and advance the brightest legal talent. Our Firm seeks long-term, partnering relationships with clients, to the end of providing the best total solution to the client's legal needs.
We manage our Firm as an integrated whole. Approximately 1,500 lawyers in varying practice areas work together as multidisciplinary teams to provide the full-service capabilities our clients need for the legal matters they retain Kirkland to handle.
Kirkland's free-market system allows each attorney to choose the practice areas and matters on which they work. This entrepreneurial approach yields higher levels of commitment, morale and results in all of our core practices:
- Corporate and Tax: Kirkland lawyers negotiate and close highly sophisticated transactions, representing public and private companies and private equity investors in a broad range of transactions. Our tax lawyers have handled matters in the courtroom and boardroom, with proven results in the transactional and litigation arenas. Kirkland's real estate lawyers apply real estate, corporate, securities, partnership and tax law to complex business transactions involving the acquisition, ownership, financing and operation of commercial real estate.
- Litigation: Kirkland has been recognized for its reputation as a Firm of trial lawyers (not just litigators) by successfully representing companies involved in business-critical lawsuits and class actions. Because of our trial-ready philosophy, we are able to offer a deep bench of lawyers who have been taking cases to verdict since the early stages of their careers.
- Intellectual Property: Kirkland's intellectual property practice is one of the oldest such practices in a full-service firm. Clients benefit from our critical mass of lawyers who are trained in a variety of technical disciplines with experience in litigation, transactions and counseling matters involving all areas of intellectual property.
- Restructuring: By combining sophisticated business advisory and crisis management skills with extensive experience in U.S., UK and international insolvency matters, Kirkland's restructuring lawyers navigate clients through the turmoil of situations involving financially troubled companies.
At Kirkland, we believe that our ability to function at the very highest level of our profession is significantly enhanced by building a team of lawyers who bring us the benefits of a broad range of socioeconomic, racial, ethnic and personal backgrounds. Our commitment to diversity is reflected not only in the Firm's policies, programs and committees, but also through our efforts to build and maintain a culture that values and gathers strength from difference.
Kirkland is a strong and dynamic institution with a strategic network of offices located in major business centers around the globe. In line with our strategy of sensible, organic growth, the Firm has expanded geographically to meet the needs of our clients while maintaining a strong focus on quality control.