PLEASE NOTE THE DIFFERENT LOCATION CHANGES ON THE DIFFERENT DATES.
NOV. 3, 2011 - DAY ONE: 297-Simon Hall, UC Berkeley School of Law
2745 Bancroft Way, Berkeley, CA
Click here to download a UC Berkeley Campus map with Boalt/Simon Hall highlighted.
NOV. 4, 2011 - DAY TWO: Multicultural Center at Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union, UC Berkeley
NOV. 5, 2011 - DAY THREE: Niles Hall at Preservation Park
1233 Preservation Park, Oakland, CA
Parking is limited at the Berkeley campus! Parking passes for the lot behind Boalt Hall are available, but space can only be guaranteed for disabled attendees. Whenever possible, we encourage you to use public transportation. If you need to bring a car, we recommend you use the Sather Gate Garage (directions below). If you are disabled, please e-mail Ariana Ceja at email@example.com your mailing address at least two weeks prior to the conference to allow time for receipt of a parking pass to the Boalt lot.
Click here to download a UC Berkeley Parking Map.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS TO BOALT/SIMON HALL
Directions to the Boalt lot: Take Hwy 80 toward Berkeley. Then take the University Ave. exit. Go almost all the way up University until you reach Shattuck Ave. (McDonald’s will be on your left). Take a left onto Shattuck and then a right after 2 blocks onto Hearst. Go up Hearst, crossing Euclid (on your left), until you reach Gayley. Turn right onto Gayley until you see a blue sign ("Eye Center") on the sidewalk marking a steep, narrow driveway on the right. Enter there. You'll see a large roundish building straight ahead. Turn left just before it and dip down into a parking lot. Park anywhere there and hang your pass on your mirror. Then walk back out to Gayley and head south one block until Gayley becomes Piedmont at the corner just across from the International House. You will then be at the corner of Bancroft and Piedmont. Walk down Bancroft to the 8-story beige building on the corner (Simon Hall, the site for the Fall 2011 Symposium).
Directions to the Sather Gate Garage (public parking) located just off of Telegraph Avenue, between Channing and Durant. Open 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Thursday, on Friday and Saturday from 7 a.m. to 2 a.m., and on Sunday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. except holidays.
To reach that lot, take Hwy 80 toward Berkeley. Then take the University Ave. exit and go all the way up University to where it dead-ends onto Oxford. Turn right onto Oxford; at the second street (Durant), turn left and go up Durant until you see the orange parking structure on your right, just below Telegraph Avenue. Go up several levels, past the short-term parking, park, and exit on Telegraph. Walk north on Telegraph until it almost dead-ends at Bancroft Ave. Turn right and walk up the hill to the corner of Bancroft and College. You will see the entrance to Boalt Hall on your left. When you return to the garage, you'll enter on Durant via a corridor, and the payment window will be easy to find. Pay, return to your car, and exit the garage.
AC Transit bus service provides transportation for commuters to and from San Francisco and throughout Alameda and Western Contra Costa County. There are several AC bus lines that come near the campus area such as lines: #65; #52; #51; #18; #40; #15; #9; #7, F and U. For additional lines and information contact AC Transit at (510) 839-2882.
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Trains operate from Fremont, Richmond, Bay Point/Concord and San Francisco/Daly City. A map indicating the route and stops of each train is located at each station. The Berkeley BART station is just 1-1/2 blocks west of the Berkeley campus.
From San Francisco:
- Board BART and transfer at the 12th Street or MacArthur station to a Richmond train or for direct passage (except on Sundays) - board a Richmond train in San Francisco (refer to BART maps).
- Get off at the Berkeley Station (aka Downtown Berkeley).
- Exit the station; you will be on Shattuck Ave. Then follow directions “From BART to the conference site,” below.
From the Oakland Airport:
- The Oakland Airport is approximately 15 miles from UC Berkeley.
- At the airport take the AirBart Shuttle to the Oakland Coliseum BART station.
- Board a Richmond bound BART train and get off at the Downtown Berkeley Station. Exit the station; you will be on Shattuck Ave.
- Then follow directions “From BART to the conference site,” below.
From BART to the conference site by foot:
- Walk south on Shattuck Ave. until you reach Bancroft Ave. Turn right and walk up the hill to the corner of Bancroft and Piedmont.
- You will see the entrance to Simon Hall on your left. Room 297 is the first room as you enter Simon Hall. This is a 20-30-minute up hill walk.
From BART to the conference by shuttle bus:
- Walk one block north on the east side of Shattuck (away from the Bay), almost to the corner of Shattuck and Addison. You will see a bus stop with a sign for “Bear Transit.” Take the bus marked “P” or “Perimeter,” which runs every 24 minutes, Mon.- Fri. from 6:48 a.m. to 7:19 p.m., and costs $1.00. Ask the driver to let you off at the International House, a large building at the corner of Bancroft Way and Piedmont, across the street from the Boalt complex.
- Walk from the corner down Bancroft Way, to the tall beige building (Simon Hall).
- You will see the entrance to Simon Hall on your right. To return to BART, take a Perimeter bus from the same corner bus stop or take the #7 (AC Transit, costs $2.10) bus from the stop located directly in front of Simon Hall. Ask the driver to let you off at the downtown BART station.